When you think of the cold months in Plymouth, you can only say that the low temperature lasting for many months is a perennial occurrence, and there’s nothing we can do about it. All we do is snuggle at the comforts of our home day in day out.
The onslaught of the recent pandemic perhaps had a more significant impact on our lives, forcing us to stay home than to brag about the weather. Ironically, the same shelter we find comfort from is the one vulnerable to the detriments of extreme weather.
It is time to look into your roof’s condition to savor the warmth in your home and have a comfortable life.
Even when the rain or snow stops, its lasting effect is more dangerous, and our roofs, serving as our blanket against cold, will face damage from moisture.
During the winter months or before they arrive, it is crucial to be prepared. It would be best if you were on top of checking your roof’s maintenance. If you can’t consistently do that, at least know the current issues you are experiencing related to roof damage.
Plymouth Roofers offer the following tips on how to get by with the wet weather with our roofs on our heads intact to serve their purpose of protecting us.
Let’s check them out:
- Does your roof have missing tiles? Strong winds and prolonged moisture and then exposure to the sun make the tiles brittle, soon getting chipped off from their place. If you see any tile missing, check that spot as the gap could grow more and lead to leakage.
- Do you notice any tile warping or blistering? A change in weather and temperature causes warping. If you see a group of tiles already bent, maybe you can have that portion replaced to avoid having that spot acquire more damage.
- Rotting. If the roof surface is rotting, the chances are that the roof is being unattended for a long time, leaving it to decay. The worst thing that could happen on a roof without maintenance is the costly endeavour of replacing the whole thing.
- Flooding coming from damaged flashing. Don’t let runoff pass with damaged flashing, as this will also affect the roofing components like gutter, facia, and soffits.
- Roof leaks. Nothing is more annoying when water from a damaged roof leak. This is typical roofing damage. Once you see streaks of water and water stains, it means the water seeped into the underlayment or attic, going through the walls. Finding the damage from a leak can be tricky, but only a certified roofing contractor can spot the damage and fix it.
Small leaks can become more significant leaks that lead to bigger roofing problems. Don’t let your roof accumulate mould, weakened frame, stained ceilings, and wet insulation.
Get the situation under control if any of these mentioned is happening or present on your roof. The roofers at Plymouth specialize in fixing all types of roof damage. It is imperative to rely on trusted people or hire legit roofing professionals and contractors.
If you think you need help with your roof, contact us immediately. They also conduct 24-hour emergency call-outs and offer free quotes for new contracts.
Visit our website and talk to any of our representatives to facilitate your roofing issues.